Does it make sense to invest in Instagram today? What is the future of Instagram?
Here are some statistics and trends. Make your own decision!
1. Instagram is growing faster than ever, adding 300 million active users each month. It’s growing faster than the Facebook main app.
2. The Instagram audience is getting older. Remember when in 2015 Instagram was a platform for teenage girls? This is not the case anymore. Instagram now tends to be a social network for men and women over 25 years old.
3. Instagram is becoming a social shopping platform where people communicate and shop at the same time. Also, people shop differently than they do on Amazon. 60% of users say they discover new products on the platform. They are more likely to buy a product because their favorite influencer recommends it, or if their friend or relative bought it on Instagram. Remember how we used to spend an entire day shopping in outlets with our girlfriends and having a lot of fun? Instagram is about to offer the same experience, but online.
4. Instagram Ads will get even more expensive. So if you haven’t started to advertise on Instagram, send me a DM and let’s talk!
5. Instagram Influencer marketing is slowing down; it is not as effective as it used to be. There is a new trend – Instagram Ambassadors programs, micro-influencers, and even nano influencers.
6. Artificial Intelligence (AI) has started taking over Instagram. So far it’s the big companies’ prerogative, but that will change quickly. More and more brands will start using Instagram custom filters.
Instagram is the absolutely right place to be right now if you are a service-based business or online store. Don’t get me wrong – I’m not telling you to put all your eggs in one basket. Diversify your online efforts and build your email list. But you can definitely make Instagram your # 1 sales generation channel in 2020.
Are you planning to do that?